Monday, February 22, 2016

Blessings and Fruits

GOOD MORNING!!!! :D

well a little about this week:

on tuesday i had the opportunity to see Cristian get set apart. (do you remember Cristian!? he was my first convert in the mission...he got baptized last january!) he is going to Honduras San Pedro Sula West!! and he left last wednesday. when he got baptized i KNEW he would be so pilas. and he has just done that always! i so wanted to be able to see him get set apart, but wasnt sure if i would ever come back to mazate. but the hand of the lord made it possible and i was able to see him. he is so ready and will be a great missionary. i felt kinda like a mom sitting there (proud, worried, happy!) i kept telling my comp, "i hope he has____" (fill that blank in with lots of things from ointment to his scriptures lol) but i was SO HAPPY to see it. i could hardly speak spanish when i met him and i know there were times where he couldnt understand me. but the SPIRIT was there in the lessons and he knew it was true!! i was reading in the book of mormon this week and i came arcoss a scripture that speaks PERFECTLY of how i feel with Cristian. its in Alma 36:24-25,
 
24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors;

everytime i think of the mission and cristian this scripture comes to mind. i cried with joy as i saw him go from Cristian to Elder Cifuentes. :))) i am so grateful that i was able to be part of his life and he part of mine. we will now have a little over a month to write each other as missionaries..its super weird and cool!! :)))

also yesterday we saw a huge miracle. after church we had ward council and they invited us. so we went and for the majority of time we didnt do too much but we were able to put a cita with the Elders Quorum president to visit hermano Jimi. and then they were talking about a family that the relief society was going to visit because the sister is sick. and they invited us to visit her with them and told us that she also has a daughter that isnt a member. so that afternoon we went to visit hte family. we were there for about 20 minutes and the daughter wasnt there so we began to think that it would just be a normal visit to an hermana in need (something that is great to do anyway!!) but then the relief society president (who is SO PILAS) asked wehre the daughter was, and then we hear, "im in here, im coming right now." we were very shocked! but then she came and we met her. her name is Janeth. and she "goes" to an evangelical church but told us that she has always wanted to go to the mormon church with her family! and she loved the message we shared with her. and she told us that normally she has the meeting of church at 4 pm..we were there at like 5:20..and that she was running late that day and decided not to go. we testified to her that coincidences dont exist and that heavenly father was preparing her. also we met her husband and her 2 kids!! they are so great!! we have a cita tonight with them to do a small FHE!! hermana gunderson and i walked out of the house with our mouths wide open. THE LORD IS SO MERCIFUL IN LETTING US SEE THESE GRAND MIRACLES!!!!!!!

also we (hermana gunderson and i) talked in church yesterday. Hna Gunderson talked about loving the people and i talked about conversion. lets just say the spirit was really great in the meeting, and the gift of tongues was present :))) i love testifying of the saviors love, its the thing i love doing most. and since being here in guatemala the words of a hymn hit me differently. "I Feel My Savior´s love, in all the world around me. his spirit warms my soul through everything i see...he knows i will follow him, give all my life to him." i came up with a thought on the mission. the savior´s love is so intense and so warm that we can literally feel it as it fills our hearts. the sun here is SO hot that it sometimes literally burns through you. but to help me appreciate the heat more i compare it to the savior´s love. so instead of complaining all the time because its hot..i thank heavenly father for the heat because its his way of showing me that he and his son love me. I LOVE THE SAVIOR AND I KNOW HE LOVES US! John 15:10-12 says, "
 
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in mylove; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
 
" how true is that!!! i love the scriptures and i love the gospel. i love being a missionary.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! have a great week!!! :))) good luck with everything!!!

CON AMOR,
Hermana Canty

No comments:

Post a Comment